"Order Options" are typically questions and/or statements your customer must read and answer via either a dropdown menu or an open-ended text field during your online checkout process, on the "Customer Information Page." Order Options can also perform other functions, but that is the most common usage. This tutorial will cover all of the uses for Order Options, starting with this most common use case.
Order Options on the Customer Information Page may be required or not, and include costs or not. The Customer Information Page field names and layout are completely customizable. This tutorial will review Order Options, and you can click here for a full tutorial on how to customize the rest of the Customer Information Page. The screenshot below shows the full Customer Information Page with each section highlighted in a different color. Order Options are sections 4A and 4B, in Red and Orange.
Configuring Order Options
These optional fields on your website are located under Admin>Order Config>Order Options. There are several "Group" choices, which determine the location and use of each option. There are two groups that appear during the checkout process:
- "Top" Group - you can use either "Top" or "Top and CRM - Event." "Top" makes the Order Option show up only on the Customer Information Page on the front end. "Top and CRM - Event" makes the Order Option show up both on the Customer Information Page and in the order in the back end in "Scheduling" and the CRM ("Customers").
- "Bottom" Group - you can use either "Bottom" or "Bottom and CRM - Event." "Bottom" makes the Order Option show up only on the Customer Information Page on the front end. "Bottom and CRM - Event" makes the Order Option show up both on the Customer Information Page and in the order in the back end in "Scheduling" and the CRM ("Customers").
Order Options can be customized in a multitude of ways. Use the blue/yellow page icon to copy and edit an existing options. Here is an example and description of each relevant field:
Order Option Fields:
- Name - An internal name hidden from customers.
- Description - Website text describing this order option as a whole.
Options - Leave blank for an open comment box (meaning your customer will type their answer in a text field). If you fill out at least one of the "Name" fields here under "Options," the customer will be prompted to answer the question using a dropdown, and the choices in the dropdown will be what's in the "Name" fields here. You can reorder the choices by clicking and dragging the blue and white cross icon to the left of the "Name" entries.
- Name - Name of this selection.
- Cost - Optional price for the selection.
- Exclude - This option will not appear for the Category Name or Item Name entered. Multiple entries are separated with a comma and a space. IMPORTANT: if, after submitting your changes here, the "Exclude" doesn't seem to be working, reach out to Tech Support and we'll help you change some settings.
- Level - Restricted based on the user's access level.
- Display - "Yes" appears on website.
- Availability Rules - Optional restrictions for displaying this order option.
- Include Blank Option - "Yes" has no default selection for multiple choice order options.
- Display Price - Will show the cost next to the order option name.
Group - Organization for order options.
- Top: Appears during the checkout process on "Customer Info".
- Top and CRM - Event: Appears on checkout and on each order.
- Bottom: Appears during the checkout process on "Customer Info".
- Bottom CRM - Event: Appears on checkout and on each order.
- Start: Appears at the beginning of the order process.
- Checklist: Deprecated; do not use.
- CRM - Event: Appears an option on each individual order.
- CRM - Customer: Appears in the CRM (the "Customers" tab) as an option available for your CRM notes/options.
- No Group: Will not show anywhere.
Scope: Where this Order Options shows up. "Web and Register" is typically what you want here.
- Web and Register: Most often used. Appears on your front end/live website, in the back end/Control Panel, in the Driver App, and in the Register App (the Register App is only for FEC/Family Entertainment Center customers, but you likely still want this Scope for your Order Option, as "Web Only" will cause the Order Option not to show up on the front end).
- Web Only: Appears in the back end/Control Panel only.
- Register Only: Appears in the Register App only. This only applies to FEC/Family Entertainment Center customers.
- Register and Kitchen: Appears in the Register App and the Kitchen Printer only. This only applies to FEC/Family Entertainment Center customers.
- Web and Driver App: Appears in the back end/Control Panel and Driver App only.
- Driver App Only: Appears in the Driver App only.
- Special Order Form: Creates a webpage with a Special Order Form. A full tutorial on Special Order Forms is coming soon! In the meantime, please feel free to reach out to Tech Support with any questions on this feature.
- Taxable: Will apply tax specifically to the costs, if used.
Order Options can also be used to create Custom Fields in the CRM and for Special Order Forms. Full tutorials on both are coming soon! In the meantime, please feel free to reach out to Tech Support with any questions on either of these.