Please feel free to either watch the videos below, or to follow the step-by-step instructions below.
To close your business for various dates, Navigate to Admin>Rules>Availability Rule Sets>Universal Availability. You can refer to the bullet points below for a description of the different ways to close or restrict bookings, as well as formatting details and pointers, and you can refer to the screenshot below the bullet points for examples, and to see how the display phrases will look and interact on your front end/website.
- Any closure dates must be in the following format: YYYY-MM-DD
- The "Closures" rule is used for a single day.
- The "Closure Span" rule is used for multiple consecutive dates.
- The "Closures - Allow Overlapping Orders" rule allows orders that begin before and end after the closure date.
- The "Closure Span - Allow Overlapping Orders" rule allows orders that begin before and end after the closure date span.
- The "Closure Span Delivery - Allow Overlapping Orders" rule allows delivery orders that begin before and end after the closure date span. Your business will remain open during the closure date span for customer pickups.
- Use the "Add More > >" button for additional boxes.
- You can use the "Close Message" field to customize the display phrase. PRO TIP: "Call to Book" is a good Close Message for closures where you're allowing overlapping orders. It reassures customers they can still place an order during that time. Whatever display phrase you use, keep in mind there isn't much room in the boxes for each day on the Event Calendar, since there are about 30 days per month. So it's best to use short phrases.