A “Merge Field” is essentially a computer code, or string, that will be replaced with content as long as that content exists. Event Rental Systems used merge fields multiple places throughout the software for the ease and simplicity of setting everything up, especially documents. The source of the data could vary but generally most information comes from Admin>General Config>Company Info or data gathered during the Customer Ordering Process.
Some merge fields have been provided below in the remainder of this article. There are several more available in Admin>Document>General Documents. Click on a document to edit it and then click the question mark icon next to “Content”:
Click on the header titles to see a list of available merge fields:
Notice that the merge field title precedes the name. For example, “company address” is under “setting”. The merge field is “[setting:company_name]”. Other merge fields follow the same format with underscores replacing spaces:
Company Information Merge Fields
The following merge fields come from Admin>General Config>Company Info:
Besides company information, your company logo is used in several places through the system. You can use the following merge field for your logo and the pixel code can be edited to adjust the size of your logo:
Customer Information Merge Fields
You can use the following merge fields for customer information:
- Contact Person: [customer:firstname] [customer:lastname]
- Event Address: [order:address]
- City, State, Zip: [order:city], [order:state], [order:zip]
- Home Phone: [customer:phone]
- Cell Phone: [customer:mobile_phone]
The billing address would be:
- Billing Address: [customer:address]
- City, State, Zip: [customer:city], [customer:state] [customer:zip]
Event, Delivery, and Pickup Merge Fields
More information about these merge fields is available in the Routing V3 - Move Delivery / Pickup Dates article.
Event Merge Fields
- [order:event_full_timespan] - Shows the event’s start day, date, and time. Also shows the event’s end day, date, and time (if different)
- [order:event_start_datetime] Shows the event start date and time
- [order:event_start_date] - Shows the event start date
- [order:event_start_time]- Shows the event start time
Delivery Merge Fields
- [order:start_day_of_week] - Shows the delivery day
- [order:start_datetime] - Shows the delivery date and time
- [order:start_date] - Only shows the delivery date
- [order:start_time] - Only shows the delivery time
Pickup Merge Fields
- [order:end_day_of_week] - Shows the pickup day
- [order:end_datetime] - Shows the pickup date and time
- [order:end_date] - Only shows the pickup date
- [order:end_time] - Only shows the pickup time
- [points_balance:[point_type_name]] (i.e. - [points_balance:loyalty]) - Shows the customer's Point balance for the given Point Type specified. NOTE: use the "Internal Code Name" field, not the "Display Name" field. See the picture below
- [points_balance:all] - Shows the customer's Point balance for all Point types (zero balances are hidden)
- [points_balance:eligible_coupons] - Shows a table listing any eligible Coupons according to the customer's current Point balances
- [points_balance:earned] - Shows all Points earned for the current Order
- [points_balance:earned.[order_id]] (i.e. - [points_balance:earned.1024]) - Shows all Points earned for a specific Order (not necessarily the current Order)
Document Merge Fields
The merge field for the multi invoice payment link is ((COMBINED_BILLING_PAYMENT_LINK))
((REGISTRATION_LINK)) = Link to read and sign your Waiver if you have one you replaced our 'fake' one in ADMIN>DOCUMENTS>GENERAL DOCUMENTS>WAIVER <---Normally only used for indoor facilities.
((MANAGE_EVENT_LINK)) = Ability to click and pay subsequent payments when included in any Automatic Message or Emailed receipt. When included in any "Quote" related document, allows client access back in to that quote to add more items, fill out their Contact and Event information and then pay to activate their own quote to an order.
((DIGITAL_CONTRACT)) = an older version of adding a link to Emailed Receipts or Automatic Messages to show a way to read and sign the contract by way of 'typing' their name in a box. As of the past year, folks prefer the direct link of: [setting:host]/contract/[order:order_id]/[setting:order_token]/?enable_signatures and link that to the words or phrase of "Click here to read and sign". This way then gives an ability to read and sign by way of the mouse on their computer, finger or stylus on a mobile device, etc. vs. the typing method of signature.
((COMBINED_BILLING_PAYMENT_LINK)) = A way to create a link to send to clients that have multiple events with you and need/want to pay all of those in 1 lump sum. This is equal to you or your staff finding said client by email in the CRM under "CUSTOMERS" and on the far right of their CRM account in the "Billing" tab, can do the same. Run multiple Invoices in 1 payment and send 1 emailed confirmation for all invoices.
Please sign in to leave a comment.