Once your credit card payment has batched, REFUND is your only option since money has been taken from customer accounts and the processor has begun to deposit it into your account. Voiding a payment removes it from the batch and there are no processing fees associated with a void (furthermore, voiding a payment erases any transaction fees on the original transaction, so you don't pay any fees for a transaction that's been voided).
Most merchants charge a small fee to process a refund, ERSPay does not. Only the standard processing rate that was applied for the original charge will be deducted. No additional charges will apply to process a refund.
Note: ERSPay batches at approximately 8pm CST each business day, Monday - Friday.
Please feel free to watch the following video on Voids & Refunds, or you can follow the Step By Step Instructions below:
- Navigate to the "Pay" screen of the order and you will see the payment listed as a line item.
- Click the blue text of the Credit Card payment.
- A pop-up box will appear with buttons for "Void Payment" and "Refund Payment".
- After clicking either “Void Payment” or "Refund Payment", you will have an opportunity to type in a reason and/or change the refund amount.
- To finalize the refund, click "Submit Payment Refund" or "Submit Payment Void” button, respectively.
Note: A void or refund does NOT email a receipt to the client. If a receipt is desired, then you will want to send that separately from this transaction. You can send a receipt by selecting “Submit Without Payment” from the dropdown box, checking the box agreeing to the statement, and clicking “Submit and Send Receipt”.