Event Rental Systems provides an integration with WordPress allowing you to use our scheduling software with your existing website. Steps for the WordPress Plugin are located under Admin>Website>Wordpress Setup:
Follow the steps provided on the page:
In addition to the plugin, ERS provides iFrame functionality for all of our webpages. To turn a webpage into an iframe, append the follow code to the end of any URL:
Here is an example of the ERS Store shown in iFrame:
Travel Fee by Mile with WordPress
By default, “Travel Fee by Mile” is not compatible with WordPress websites because the ERS Google Maps API is bypassed outside of our system. It is possible to enable Travel Fee by Mile by creating your own Google Developer account using the following steps:
- Set up your Google Console at https://console.developers.google.com/apis/
- Follow the instructions here to switch your key restriction type from an HTTP referrer to an IP address restriction, and use the IP address of your WordPress website. https://developers.google.com/maps/faq#switch-key-type
- Switch from "browser" type to "server" type inside the google developers console:
- Choose a project.
- Go to Dashboard.
- Click on +Enable API at the top.
- From the library, choose Google Maps Geocoding API and Google Maps Distance Matrix API.
- Use this link to create a Tech Support ticket: firstname.lastname@example.org. The link will ask Tech Support to create the setting "Account Google Maps Client ID” for you under Admin>General Config>Misc Settings and input your Google API Key, which you'll have to add to the body text of the ticket.